Drew D. Pettus Attorney At Law

Drew Pettus has 28 years of experience in advising and working with individuals, families and small businesses on their immigration issues.

Fiance(e) Visas & Adjustments
K-1/One-Step Adjustments

In this age of the Internet and the globalization of the world economies and cultures, the rise in marriage among US citizens and individuals from other countries is rising. Whether you met your potential spouse through E-Harmony or some other social media site or through actual physical contact, you will need to navigate through the immigration labyrinth. Problem is, the labyrinth is so complicated and expensive it seems impossible to understand. Indeed, it is. And, if you make a miss-step it can cost you money and, more importantly, it can prolong the time you are apart. More >>

Investor Visas
E-1, E-2 & EB-5

I strongly believe that the E-1 and E-2 visa are superior, in many ways, to the green card. They allow the visa holder to live and work in the U.S. for as long as the business is an “Ongoing Concern.” They are quicker and easier to obtain than the green card – often times within a matter of a couple of months from the time the application is submitted. There is less scrutiny of the foreign businessman’s foreign financial activities than there is in applying for a green card. For this reason, I have put a great deal of focus in making the E-1 and E-2 visas a central service of my practice. More >>


To see a client obtain US citizenship is one of the most rewarding aspects of my immigration practice. Obtaining citizenship is more than filling out forms. A solid understanding of the process is important because forms do not usually explain the potential problems that may arise if a person does not have the knowledge of the process. The process can be confusing and often intimidating, especially in the present governmental environment. More >>

Employment Visas
H-1B, TN, L & Others

The United States immigration law allows for individuals with certain skills and/or talents to receive authorization to work in the United States or to become lawful permanent residents if they fulfill all necessary requirements. Applying for non-immigrant visas (TN-1, H-1B and L) can be quite complicated, involving both the U.S. immigration authorities and the U.S. Department of Labor and requires a comprehensive understanding of the processes involved. More >>


When individuals are inadmissible to the United States, there are options. Completing a waiver application may allow for admission despite visa overstays, three and ten year bars and other grounds. Certain criminal grounds of inadmissibility can be waived. Once a waiver is granted, it may be for only one year and then it will have to be renewed. The applicant must apply for renewal before the expiration date in order that the initial waiver does not expire. More >>

Immigration Appeals

If your immigration application or petition was denied, you will receive written notification as to why it was denied. If there are sufficient grounds to do so or you believe the denial was given in error, please contact me. I can carefully review your denial and offer you skilled legal advice on your opportunity for an appeal. An appeal must be filed within 30 days so you need to act quickly. To learn more about your right to appeal, please contact my office to set up an appointment. Your denial may have been misunderstandings in the original information presented; incorrect application procedures; More >>